Friday, September 26, 2008

Great Expectations

Hi Starfish,

As you know, I'm not big on "rules". I'm not a believer in a list full of 'Do Nots'. However, that doesn't mean I expect anything less than excellence when it comes to my students. Therefore, these are my expectations for students on our blog:

1. I expect everyone to use safe Internet practices. Do not send in pictures of yourself, give your exact location, or contact information on this blog. This blog is open to the public, and I expect you to be safe, safe, safe!

2. I expect you to respect the opinions of others. There will not be any disrespectful commenting on our blog. If I see any, you can expect to receive a ''blog-ban'' and will receive all assignments on paper instead.

3. I expect you to identify yourself. There will not be any anonymous commenting. Each comment will include your first name, last initial and period. For example, if Joey Adams in period 3 wants to leave a comment, he must sign it: Joey A., 3rd Period

4. I expect you to proofread!! Make sure you check your entries for COPS - Capitalization, Organization, Punctuation, and Spelling. Also, remember that texting-language is not appropriate for school assignments. I expect you to spell your words ... you is not spelled "u".

5. I expect this blog to be a fun and safe place for us to learn. If my expectations aren't met, the blog will disappear.

I know you can meet these expectations! You never cease to amaze me. I am proud of how hard you've worked so far this year, and I can't wait to see where this blog takes us!

See you in class,
Ms. L

2 comments:

Iris Lipsky said...

Ms. L.,

You're right. The Starfish's teacher is a "smartie." I really like the blog rules. If you don't mind, I'd like to use them myself. I also love the slideshow. Very spiffy! You're already a pro!
Keep up the good work. And you can see a link to your blog on my blog at www.firstcoasthightechsmart.blogspot.com.

~I.Lipsky

ycash said...

Hi Ms. Layendecker,

I'm a huge fan of schoolnotes and I think this blog is a great idea (now I'll just have to get Ashley to show me how to use it without hitting every HTML link :o). I checked out all the links and everything seems to be working perfectly. It's like a one stop shop(no purchase required).

Thank you for including the blogging rules!!
Y. Cash