Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Does Non-Fiction = Non-Fun??

Hi Starfish!

We are starting our Non-Fiction Unit this nine weeks. Non-Fiction is anything that can be proved as TRUE or FACTUAL information. Some examples include:

  • Newspapers
  • Magazines
  • Encyclopedias
  • Some Internet Websites (be careful - not everything on the web is true!)
  • Biographies
  • Autobiographies
  • Memoirs
  • Diaries
  • Personal Essays
  • Documentary films
  • and much, more more!!!

Are you the kind of person who likes non-fiction? Do you hate it? Do you not care one way or the other? TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT NON-FICTION BY LEAVING A COMMENT!

Click on "Comments" below, proofread your comment, and be sure to leave your name (First name and last initial) with your period (1-6). The comments get sent to my email for approval - then you can come back and see your statement. You can read what your classmates wrote, too!

See you in class - and that's a non-fiction FACT!

Ms. L

2 comments:

bchgirl said...

Ms. L,
I like novels and girly books. I do like some magazines. For books in general, I like something that catches my attention and keeps me interested.

Ms. Layendecker said...

Rachel,

When I was your age, I liked to read girly books, too! Actually, I still like to read them. Lately I've figured out that some people's real life stories are just as interesting, if not more, than characters in books.

Thanks for sharing!
Ms. L